English 110 Economic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wages for military officials

4 posters

Go down

Wages for military officials  Empty Wages for military officials

Post by markg133 Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Military officials are not getting paid enough or as much as they should for the kind of work that they are required to do. People who are in the military do not make enough money to support their family and pay for the cost of living and the expenses that come with it. The reason why military officials do not get paid as much as they should is because money from the government is not being used wisely. The intense and dangerous work that our military does deserves more pay then 20,000 a year. It really makes me sad to see military officials who are willing to sacrifice their lives for us not able to support their family. The way that our military gets paid is by rank, the higher rank a person is the higher pay you will receive. Someone who is just starting out in the military will not make a lot of money at all. There are some military officials who make enough money to support their family and live comfortably. In order to achieve this level a person must be in the military for a long time. I believe that we need to raise the yearly stipend that our military get because that is what they deserve.

Mark Gonzalez

markg133

Back to top Go down

Wages for military officials  Empty RE:Wages for military officials

Post by Lauren Day Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:42 pm

I completely agree with you on this. A job that requires someone to risk their life should be paid way more than 20,000, risking their life is one factor but the fact that they are away from their own families for such a long period of time, I think that should be taken into consideration and have some sort of compensation as well. Smile

Lauren Day

Back to top Go down

Wages for military officials  Empty Re: Wages for military officials

Post by PrestonT Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:12 am

I agree completely with this as well. There is no good reason why the people that are working to protect the country are getting paid less than what others are getting paid. While a person in the military is out risking their life or preparing to protect the country by going through intense training, their is another person getting paid twice as much as him/her to sit in an office and work on sales. I am sure that a majority of the population agrees that people in the military should be getting paid more, but the government still has done nothing to change this.

PrestonT

Back to top Go down

Post by oliviaphan Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 am

I agree, they spend all their time and dedicate their lives for our country. It is really sad they are doing this and they are struggling financially.

oliviaphan

Back to top Go down

Post by dviramontes Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:03 pm

i give all my praise and thanks to the people that work in the US ARMY i don't think it would be the best thing for our economy to raise the salary. For the most part people that go to the military get almost all of their college paid for. They also get a lot of benefits for being in the military as well. such as a lot of household stuff that gets covered by the government. with those two combined they make enough money to live decent in every year. If the military does get paid more, then i feel that the minimum wage should also increase. don't you agree?
i found all of the information at this article. debates .org should military get paid more.

dviramontes

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannahmtz Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:09 pm

I completely agree with you on this topic as well. Not only do soldiers go and fight for our country, but come home broken after. Many suffer from PTSD and other problems and expect to just come back as normal. No one really knows what they endure out there. I can speak from personal experience growing up with a U.S. Marine as my father. He still suffers with many physical and emotional trauma from going to war. It is sad to see soldiers living in poverty or without health care benefits when coming home to what we call "The Land of the Free." I looked for an article online that provided more information for anyone that may want to know exactly how much soldiers have to deal with when they return home. It is titled, "We Live With Ghosts and Demons": Soldiers Who Took Part in Torture Suffer from Severe PTSD by Justine Sharrock. Hope this gives everyone a clearer example of things they battle inside with every day Smile

Savannahmtz

Back to top Go down

Wages for military officials  Empty Military pay.

Post by Spencer Westfall Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:32 pm

I completely see where you are coming from however I am from a military family and can first hand tell you they do take care of there men and woman. The GI bill allows for any military personal to peruse an education after serving their time. The government provides a housing allowance to those who have family's that varies depending on state and cost of living. Retiring from the military also carries great benefits like life long healthcare and half salary. The salary of a military person is not the only benefit as there is tens of thousands of dollars of other benefits.

Spencer Westfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthcopas Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:21 am

I agree. They put their lives at risk everyday for our country. They are certainly not getting paid enough for serving their country.

Ruthcopas

Back to top Go down

Post by bbreedlove Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:59 pm

I agree, but not all military officials are just paid $20,000 a year. Depending on job, rank, position, and duty pay can either stay the same and or grow. For example an enlisted private (Army) can earn $18,378 in two year experience in the military (keep in mind that housing and utilities are provided). If that particular private is working in a career field it will increase his/her pay. For example if the private is working on becoming a Ranger and completes the program they will receive bonus pay. Each step earns bonus pay like completing basic training ( earn 50% of fixed pay). The rank pay system encourages soldiers to rise through the ranks to earn pay and go into and thrive in a career field. Pay just depends on the individual and how he/she wants to do in the military.

bbreedlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down