English 110 Economic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unreasonable wages of RN's out of nursing school.

4 posters

Go down

unreasonable wages of RN's out of nursing school. Empty unreasonable wages of RN's out of nursing school.

Post by Shelby Lucero Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:01 pm

The medical field is a competitive and a difficult field to get into. Typically jobs in any sort of medical field acquire years of schooling which is understandable due to the fact doctors and nurses are ensured to correctly diagnose and treat people.  But, after all that hard work and years of school, students are left with an undesirable amount of student debt. On average the typical salary of an RN right out of nursing school can be less than $45.000 dollars a year earning only approximately $23 dollars an hour. After nursing school, the range of debt is between $20,000 and up depending on where you plan to attend nursing school. With the lowest student debt meeting half the salary you earn attending nursing school with higher debt can leave you with student loans that are equal to as much much a nurse make’s working an entire year. When being treated at the doctors typically it’s the nurses doing most of the work, and for the amount of hours RN’S typically work and for the work load of a registered nurse, I’ve come to the conclusion RN’s do not make an appropriate wage considering the debt they are left with.

Shelby Lucero

Back to top Go down

unreasonable wages of RN's out of nursing school. Empty Re: unreasonable wages of RN's out of nursing school.

Post by OsmarAguirre Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:11 pm

The only problem I have in regards to this post is where you got your information from. I cannot take your word mainly because you are more than likely not a credible source (no offense).

OsmarAguirre

Back to top Go down

unreasonable wages of RN's out of nursing school. Empty Re: unreasonable wages of RN's out of nursing school.

Post by AdamMkIV Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:14 pm

(May I point out a number of grammatical errors? Not attacking your argument, simply providing advice. You don't need to put dollars after you already post the $ symbol, it's a double meaning. Also, I would suggest $45,000 not a . . Also, you should put require, not acquire.)
You are correct that nurses receive a large debt when they exit their respective school. However, your statement was the debt they take on outweighs the annual take home. Out of curiosity, to what amount is this debt or the percent of the interest rate it affects? Lastly, may I ask if these statistics have been considered with financial aid factored in?
AdamMkIV
AdamMkIV

Back to top Go down

Post by natalialistwan Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:29 pm

I have done a lot of research, but I have not come across anything that says an RN gets paid only $23.00 per hour (at least in Albuquerque). According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, RN's get paid an average of $31.63 per hour in New Mexico, which means they earn approximately $65,790 a year. It is very possible for a nurse to be left with a large debt, although there are many opportunities for one to receive financial help. There are certain programs one may go through. For example, a close family friend of mine is an LPN at the moment, working on becoming an RN. She paid for her tuition for the LPN program, although now she is having her schooling to be an RN paid for by the hospital she is employed at. Not only that, but she also receives an hourly pay of around $30.00 per hour as an LPN.

natalialistwan

Back to top Go down

Post by KelseyRAyers16 Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:01 pm

Shelby Lucero wrote:The medical field is a competitive and a difficult field to get into. Typically jobs in any sort of medical field acquire years of schooling which is understandable due to the fact doctors and nurses are ensured to correctly diagnose and treat people.  But, after all that hard work and years of school, students are left with an undesirable amount of student debt. On average the typical salary of an RN right out of nursing school can be less than $45.000 dollars a year earning only approximately $23 dollars an hour. After nursing school, the range of debt is between $20,000 and up depending on where you plan to attend nursing school. With the lowest student debt meeting half the salary you earn attending nursing school with higher debt can leave you with student loans that are equal to as much much a nurse make’s working an entire year. When being treated at the doctors typically it’s the nurses doing most of the work, and for the amount of hours RN’S typically work and for the work load of a registered nurse, I’ve come to the conclusion RN’s do not make an appropriate wage considering the debt they are left with.

Hi there Surprised ,
I completely agree with your stance, schooling for those in the medical field brings in a huge amount of debt. Nurses are not being able to make suitable income to maintain living standards, or to pay off this huge accumulation of debt. I am just curious, what sources have you used to gather this information? I am unable to completely support your claim without knowledge of where these statistics come from. I agree that nurses do not make enough to uphold these living standards, however, after a lot of research on the topic, I have to agree with Natalialistwan, I have not yet been able to come across anything saying nurses are paid $23.00. Usually their pay is $31.63, this varying by location and by profession, but not by much.

KelseyRAyers16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down