English 110 Economic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pararescue debate about female recruits

Go down

Pararescue  debate about female recruits Empty Pararescue debate about female recruits

Post by Bbreed9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Pararescue is the Air Force Special Forces program that trains highly effective and skilled medics. Their mission is to help and assist injured military personal and bring them to safety from the battlefield. Recently the discussion about recruiting females into the Pararescue program has sparked debates. Many people related this back to the topic of two females graduating from Ranger School. In my opinion women should not be allowed into the program. It costs $152,936 to train a Airman into the program and it roughly costs $600,000 to train a full PJ. Keep in mind this is just one. Just another example, if 100 men join the "tryout" program and go through the introduction phase ( INDOC) there will be on average only 10 who will make it. If we added women into the program, how many of them will it take to achieve 10 capable training PJs? I'm not sexist by all means , but there are certain career fields that equality cannot be matched effectively. Some of the information stem from Pararescue main site and variable costs for enlisting PJs.

Bbreed9

Back to top Go down

Pararescue  debate about female recruits Empty Re: Pararescue debate about female recruits

Post by Keyshawn Tindal Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:53 pm

I agree with what you are saying however if they were not allowed to enter the program or at least have the opportunity it may spark discrimination concerns.

Keyshawn Tindal

Back to top Go down

Pararescue  debate about female recruits Empty Re: Pararescue debate about female recruits

Post by AdamMkIV Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:06 pm

PJ's are one of the elite military unit that even those in the Marine Corps respect and envy. This group is considered harder than the Navy Seals to enter and deserves it's reputation. While I do support the concept of allowing the military to open itself to female applicants, I will say one thing that will make others upset. The Marine corps attempted to open the infantry to trial with multi gender roles and tests. Over the course of 9 months, these unbias tests proved that the multi gender teams on average were 23% below infantry standards. There were those that exceeded and were lower, but the numbers unfortunately showed a lack of success.

Unfortunately this test conducted earlier this year shows that we aren't ready for women to enter extreme combat/spec ops groups. I accept the idea of them trying, but regrettably it has been shown that they are unable to pass the standard.
AdamMkIV
AdamMkIV

Back to top Go down

Pararescue  debate about female recruits Empty WOmen in combat

Post by Spencer Westfall Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 pm

I see where you are coming from in this topic however women can and have succeed in certain special forces training programs. There is no reason a women who can complete the training and perform adequately in the field should not be allowed to serve in her MOS. I feel that without integrating the special forces in field training ops there is no way to prove the effect integration of women in combat roles has on the brotherhood as well as cases of sexual assault. With this being said I feel that test runs should be attempted before jumping to conclusion.

Spencer Westfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum