English 110 Economic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International students have it easier to succed

5 posters

Go down

International students have it easier to succed Empty International students have it easier to succed

Post by nrombock Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:15 pm

As I'm an international student by myself, it is a very interesting question for me. Is there an advantage in beeing an international student? Will they have it easier to succed after graduating? This is a realy important question, as it can be considered as unfair. Is there justice in an advantage? And it is realy not so far away that international students will have it easier to find a job after graduating.

So what are their advantages? International students recieve often scholarships or support from their homelands government, which just enabled them to study abroad. This enables them to focus more on the studiing, due to the fact that they are not forced at all to take a job. With mor time to study they are able to have mor success in graduating and better chances and time to get internships, which are very helpful for job-development. On the other hand they are most often speaking another language, which is also an advantage. So they have at least two languages, English and their native language, which are usually very well improved. This is also an important fact for different jobs and an advantage for getting employed either in their home country or in the U.S.

This shows us that international students have in general better conditions to succed after their garduation. The question is now, is this fair to the other students?

nrombock

Back to top Go down

International students have it easier to succed Empty Re: International students have it easier to succed

Post by AdamMkIV Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Personally speaking I don't see why it wouldn't be fair at all. You came to our country with the promise of a good education and the ability to succeed. I believe you are still subject to our laws, rules and regulations and language but are still welcomed with open arms. America was founded on the prospect of others coming to learn and prosper no matter where they went in the country. There are quite a few jobs to this day that are still bias against immigrants and are unidentifiable sometimes. If a foreign student is to come here and be forced to work, that sort of damages the prospect of "I came for a better life".
AdamMkIV
AdamMkIV

Back to top Go down

International students have it easier to succed Empty International students struggle with other things as well

Post by JazmineT Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:51 pm

I agree with you, but I also can see why it can be hard to be an international student. International students typically do get more scholarship opportunities but you have to consider that they have to move around the world by themselves to start a new life. At times this could be difficult because maybe they don't know both languages well and this can create a social barrier for many people isolating them from social events. Being homesick can make people depressed and lonely. And also having a social life is quite important because we are social by nature. So although international students are better well academically, this doesn't mean that everything is better for them. These are just some of the more general issues though.

JazmineT

Back to top Go down

International students have it easier to succed Empty Re: International students have it easier to succed

Post by HimanshuChaudhary Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:45 pm

I disagree with the point you are making. As international students are away from their home and family, it takes time for them to learn new culture ans settle here. Scholarships are also limited for international students, there are many scholarship where only citizens of US are eligible. Moreover, not being a US citizen adds a level of difficulty to find jobs after they graduate. F-1 Visa students are only allowed to work for 12 months after they graduate in their related field of study.
I think the disadvantages to international students weigh more than advantages for international students.

HimanshuChaudhary

Back to top Go down

Post by mnakai97 Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:07 pm

I completely agree with you, academically the students are able to focus on school because they don't have many financial issues. Their life goals and career are somewhat already aligned for them. As an international student, there is an advantage to getting a job because most people are looking for workers that are bilingual.

You're statement is great. Although, I don't think you should end it with a question because your focus seems to be if international students have it easier to succeed, not if its fair.

mnakai97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum