English 110 Economic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buisness Ethics of Engineers

4 posters

Go down

Buisness Ethics of Engineers Empty Buisness Ethics of Engineers

Post by OsmarAguirre Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:37 pm

In the United States, becoming an Engineer is a respectable, well paid, and diverse skill that requires years of education to obtain. The ethics practices by these engineers are mainly opinion based, but these opinions are generally the same because most engineers are generally ethically correct and have no need to break their own ethics. A good majority of these ethics are set by the National Society of Professional Engineers' (NSPE) "Code of Ethics" and the NSPE's members are generally honest about this code. NSPE also has its own set of disciplinary acts that are also put into affect once a member has committed a serious act against this code and are also dealt with accordingly. Engineers generally commit acts that are ethically correct, although when one finds his or her own way into corruption it can be a major problem and it should be morally correct to discipline them by legal means.

OsmarAguirre

Back to top Go down

Buisness Ethics of Engineers Empty Re: Buisness Ethics of Engineers

Post by AdamMkIV Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:23 pm

I admit I am a little confused over what your describing as far as the ethics. Also, there are so many different engineer positions, each one with a different standard. How can a computer engineer be under the same standard as a construction engineer?
AdamMkIV
AdamMkIV

Back to top Go down

Post by brookemckahin Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:52 pm

I am also confused on what you are stating as ethics, you are also using your opinion when you say "...but these opinions are generally the same because most engineers are generally the same because most engineers are generally ethically correct and have no need to break their own ethics." You also say generally a lot which I don't think helps your argument since it implies that not everyone follows the code of ethics of engineers. I also agree with Adam about the different types of engineers.

brookemckahin

Back to top Go down

Post by KendraBeauford97 Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Although I agree to what you're saying but this was a very basic statement and didn't bring up any new points or make any claims. It just kind of says how wrong things are wrong and how if you don't do the right thing you should be punished. I would have liked the author to make some specific claims about their position on ethics in the engineering community.

KendraBeauford97

Back to top Go down

Post by bbreedlove Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:12 pm

I agree with the top few replies. Your claim does have a point, but no specific evidence to base bad ethics. Engineering is also spread, meaning that each specific engineer does a specific task in their career field. This means not all work the same and have different ethics depending on situations.

bbreedlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down