English 110 Economic Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Education Organization

4 posters

Go down

Music Education Organization Empty Music Education Organization

Post by mnakai97 Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Music education organizations are a great support for Music Teachers because they help teachers develop their skills, build a community for those with the same values, and positively enhance student performance and knowledge. Organizations like the National Association of Music Education, International Society for Music Education, and Music Teacher National Association all strive towards helping teachers build their skills with professional development events, events for teachers and students, and other programs. At these events a new community is formed. In the community between teachers and students, teachers associate with other teachers to spread ideas on how to make students have a greater level of achievement.

credited resources:
look at nafme.org, isme.org, and mtna.org.

mnakai97

Back to top Go down

Music Education Organization Empty Re: Music Education Organization

Post by Savannahmtz Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:52 pm

I am unclear on what you're trying to get across. You talk about music education classes, but what about them? What is your topic that you are choosing to defend? I am currently taking a music education class and it has broadened my perspective to the way children can absorb information through songs or some kind of music activity. Maybe give some research you have done and how it adds to what you are trying to get across because I am confused on what you are saying.

Savannahmtz

Back to top Go down

Music Education Organization Empty Music Education Organizations

Post by tatum_2019 Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Hello!
I can see where you're coming from but I can't determine where you're stating your argument. You mentioned that all of the organizations you listed are made to enhance children's learning in the musical field. Maybe try looking more into these organizations and what they specifically offer and how it is beneficial to students. Then focus on your audience, whether that may be elementary school music students, high school level musicians, and/or musicians in general who seek additional lessons. State your argument by developing a strong thesis so it's clear of what you're trying to argue within your topic. But overall, great topic!

Good luck,
tatum_2019

tatum_2019

Back to top Go down

Post by mnakai97 Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Thanks for the comments guys.

The argument I was trying to get across is that students with teachers that are a part of a music ed. organization has a greater success rate (because the organization helps build skills for teachers and students), then those that have teachers not a part of the organization.

mnakai97

Back to top Go down

Post by DontaeRuiz Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi!
Although there isn't a whole lot of info to back up your argument, it does make sense that a teacher or student who is affiliated with a music organization (such as those listed) would have greater success than someone who wasn't involved in an organization dedicated specifically to music. One could compare it to tutoring in a sense - would you rather tutor with CAPS at UNM, or would you rather tutor with someone who posted an ad on Craigslist?

So, yeah, I agree with you. I can definitely see how students with teachers involved in one of the Music Ed. Organizations would have greater success rates.

-DontaeRuiz

DontaeRuiz

Back to top Go down

Post by bbreedlove Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:23 pm

I read through your post and I found no clear argument or debate. Sure National Association of Music Education provides both teachers and students with a chance and opportunities to advance in their interest in music, but I see nothing against it. It's a great topic if just encouraging something, but not a debatable topic. You will need more information and a conflicting topic in which you want your audience to debate in.

bbreedlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum